In order to create a test environment, please follow this guideline. Please note that the actual hard drives and directory names in the examples might be different on your computer.
On the local computer:
- Make a full copy of your current local C:\emsw directory.
Name the new directory c:\emswtest
- Goto the new directory emswtest
- Edit the file c:\emswtest\emswpriv.ini
- Change the line
Currentdb=emsw —> Currentdb=emswtest
- Add the setting in the section [TESTDATA]:
- Save and close
On the server:
- Go to the servers database directory (normally e:\emswdata)
- Copy the current production database and add the word “test”: emsw.gdb. —> emswtest.gdb
Goto the CommonDir on the server (normally E:\EMSw)
- Edit the file emswpubl.ini
- Add one line in the [DATABASE] section:
- Emswtest=<server name>:e:\emswdata\emswtest.gdb
(Actually – it should look the same as the original line, except for the name of the db.)
- Save and close.
On the local computer
- Go to the directory c:\emswtest and start emsw.exe.
Now you should be running EMS in the the test environment with a red border at the bottom showing that you run in test mode.